TNO ICT lab
Tech startups and other companies that wish to test their product, to consult our experts or to validate or improve their hardware or software solution or in any other way would like to use our labs or support, are invited to contact us. We are able to provide you with specialists and testing and development equipment not only at the application level, but also at the transport, IP and network level.
TNO (Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek) is one of the major contract research organisations in Europe with a staff of approximately 3000. TNO is carrying out research in order to support innovation across various sectors and domains, such as Health, High Tech, Transport, Logistics, Mobility, Energy, Infrastructure, Defense, Safety and Security. TNO has a strong track record and is a leading innovation organization in technology domains such a big data, sensors, wireless technologies, internet of things, machine learning, interoperability, security, optomechatronics, QoS, computer vision, object and speed recognition, M2M and video distribution.
The TNO headquarters in The Hague hosts a state-of-the-art ICT Lab. We are able to provide you with specialists and testing and development equipment not only at the application level, but also at the transport, IP and network level. Our offer includes network equipment (firewalls, routers, SDN switches, Spirent test equipment, 801.11p / G5 wireless communication equipement), a SDN/NFV testbed and expertise and facilities in the areas of ethernet, xDSL, routing technologies, IPTV, Personalized advertising, Ad insertion and Virtual Reality.
Tech startups and other companies that wish to test their product, to consult our experts or to validate or improve their hardware or software solution or in any other way would like to use our labs or support, are invited to contact us. Please find below an overview of the expertise and equipment within our ICT Lab.
Testing and development equipment:
- 4k capturing and processing devices (HDMI/HDSDI input/output), 5k Videowall
- Virtual Reality devices, such as the Oculus Rift DK1 en DK2 and the Samsung Gear VR, High-end smartphones and tablets
- Information Centric Networking testbed, Vehicular Communication (801.11p / G5 wireless communication) testnodes
- Firewalls, routers, switches, servers
- Spirent testcenter (measuring up to 10Gb/s throughput, delay, jitter with extreme accuracy)
- SDN switches, SDN/NFV testbed
- Adjustable power supply, PCB design environment, SMD soldering and components, measurement antennas (from HF to SHF)
- (calibrated) high frequency measurement equipment, signal generators (up to 50 Ghz), (real time) spectrum analyzers up to 26 GHz, analog and digital oscilloscopes, multimeters
- Adaptive streaming, like HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH)
- Media synchronisation (frame precise synchronization of audo and video content)
- Internet Protocol TeleVision (IPTV), Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV), settop-boxes and Common Interface Plus (CI+) technologies and specificaitons.
- Personalized advertising and Ad insertion
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN’s) and Information Centric Networking (ICN)
- User generated content streaming over 3G/4G networks
- Encoding, processing and distributing Ultra-HD Video Content
- Applications like DHCP, DNS (IPv6), Streaming media (TV), SIP telephony
- IPv4/IPv6, unicast, multicast, routing techniques like OSPF, BGP, QoS, Layer 4: UDP, TCP
- Building home networks, access networks, distribution networks, corenetworks and multi-domain networks.
- Ethernet (optical / electrical), xDSL, Carrier Ethernet 2.0, MPLS, E-OAM, VLANs, QoS, VPNs, etc.
- SDN / NFV
- highfrequency (radio) testing, such as sensitivy, output power, bandwidth, impedance (S11, S21, etc)
- Gebruiken (voor enige dagen tot weken/maanden)
- ICT-ruimte (MER/SER)
Aanwezige faciliteiten beschikbare dienstverlening:
- ICT diensten